Wednesday

Is this fibro treatment controversial or am I behind the times?


New Stem Cell Treatment for Fibromyalgia

The treatment performed is a breakthrough medical procedure where Stem Cells (cellular building blocks) are usually administered intravenously and subcutaneously (under the skin) in Fibromyalgia patients. The whole procedure takes approximately one hour and has no known negative side effects.

Find out what happens next at their website Stem Cell Of America or watch the following videos and see what you think.


 

If you have watched to the end of the embedded video you will see the mother mention "they're trying to stop Dr. Rada or say that he's a terrible doctor....." So there is obviously some controversy around this treatment. (I am not sure if this is the correct spelling of Dr. Rada.)

Before you get too excited about this "new" treatment, please read the following great article I found when researching this topic (and believe me I have only just begun to research it) from the Australian Stem Cell Centre: I am considering going overseas for an unproven stem cell treatment. What questions should I ask? 

UPDATE 2022: 'How advanced is stem cell science in curing diseases like MS?' 

Although there have been major advances in the study of stem 

cell biology, and in our understanding of how stem cells can be 

manipulated to produce different cell types for potential 

treatment applications, at present most stem cell treatment 

remains experimental, with benefits and safety still to be clearly 

established.



RESOURCES FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION INTO STEM CELLS:
  • The Canadian Stem Cell Network has prepared a series of information on specific diseases and how these relate to stem cell research.

8 comments:

  1. No I have never heard of it either. Will check it out and see what else they say stem cells can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I too am doing a lot more research on it but thought I should get it out there first

      Delete
  2. Hello there, You have done a great job reporting this new info on fibro. I'll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my fibro friends. I am confident they'll benefit from this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some content for your blog in
    exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon for your very kind offer.

      Delete
  4. I almost never comment, but I browsed some remarks on this page "Duloxetine in Patients With Fibromyalgia". I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind. Could it be simply me or does it look as if a few of the comments look as if they are coming from brain dead visitors? And, if you are writing on other sites, I'd like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Would you post a list of the complete urls of all your social networking sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Petra, I probably need to go through and clear out my comments as some of them may be spam. Also many commenters trying to get information about fibromyalgia, seem to have english as a second language. This may be because fibro info is hard to find in their country. My social networking links can be seen as icons in the right hand side bar of this page. I also am the editor at Fibro Blogger Directory which has links to many other great bloggers who blog about fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions. http://www.fibrobloggerdirectory.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input